Norman’s Electric Service, Inc. was founded in 1946 by Norman A. Kopperud in Rushford, MN. In the early years Normans Electric was a pioneer in agricultural and residential wiring in the area. Norman was always striving to be innovative by breaking new ground. One of his projects was designing, building and installing the first cable television system in Rushford in 1950.
In 1980, Norman’s son Glen and his wife Letitia began operating the business and shortly after was joined by Norman’s other sons Tom and Jerry. As the next generation got involved they wanted to maintain Norman’s vision to stay ahead of the rest by continuing to offer innovative ideas and excellent service to their customers. Glen obtained his master electrician licensure and NES was able to branch out into many different areas in the electrical contracting business; including industrial and commercial applications, schools, streets and parking lot lighting. They didn’t stop there, Tom a graduate of Dunwoody College in Minneapolis, expanded NES into the Industrial Automation Technology field. Whereas Jerry; also a graduate of Dunwoody and of Dakota County Vocational School; focused his attention on received his lineman’s training and expanding the business into underground and overhead power distribution.
Since then the third generation has joined the business, Megan LaFleur a daughter to Glen came on as office manager and her husband Peter a graduate of Dunwoody, joined the Automation Department. As we grow and develop we have continued to focus on broadening our areas of expertise so that we are able to provide a total electrical solution to our customers continuing to make service and innovation be our vision.